Advanced Photonics Australia
Advanced Photonics Australia provides innovative fibre optics technology to detect and prevent fire incidents, protecting staff, equipment and maximising production.
Our accredited Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS) technology detects the earliest warning signs of fire (e.g. smouldering coal) over large areas, enabling critical action to avoid irreversible fire events with a single fibre cable. Our system does not require any maintenance after installed and has a low Total Cost of Ownership.
Conventional fire detection technologies are not the most effective in the rugged conditions at a mine and incur prohibitive costs for supply, installation and constant maintenance. The result has been poor performance of mine fire detection systems and, in many cases, no fire detection at all. This scenario puts personnel and valuable equipment at risk. Advanced Photonics Australia provides innovative Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS) technology to detect the earliest warning signs of fire (e.g. smouldering coal) over large areas, enabling critical action to avoid irreversible fire events.
Our fibre optic cable monitoring provides the following key features:
- 24×7 remote temperature monitoring of the entire length, for total coverage.
- Provides exact location and temperature of the fire or abnormal conditions.
- It provides early warning of heat before a flame occurs.
- Requires no maintenance after it is installed.
- Accredited for fire detection use (flame resistance 750°C for 2 hours, IEC 60331)
- Doesn’t propagate the flame along the cable (IEC60332-3).
- Can be installed in harsh environments (stainless steel cable sheath with high crush resistance).
- Is immune to EMI (electromagnetic interference).
- The fibre cable is the sensor, no other cabling or field interface devices required.