Whittle Consulting are the leaders in the field of Integrated Strategic Planning. Since 1999, Whittle Consulting has conducted over 150 Whittle Enterprise Optimisation studies for mining companies worldwide. These studies have repeatedly improved the economics of a mining project or operation by 15%, and in many cases substantially more. These results are achieved even after conventional mining optimisation techniques have already been applied.
Integrated Strategic Planning is now regarded as best practice in the mining industry. The 2 – day Money Mining & Sustainability Seminar comprehensively explains the philosophy and methodology behind Whittle Integrated Strategic Planning. It includes an explanation of the processes involved and the benefits derived from developing a Whittle Enterprise Optimisation model.
Effective long term planning can enhance the value of a minerals business by at least 15% and often significantly more. The seminar explains the 10 distinct mechanisms in a Whittle Enterprise Optimisation model including: pit/underground, phases, mine schedule, cut-off, stockpiles, blend, processing, product mix and specification, logistics and capital. When applied simultaneously these mechanisms produce extraordinary results. Important new techniques and concepts for the mining industry are also explored. These theories include Activity Based Costing (ABC) and Theory of Constraints (TOC). The end result is a powerful analytical approach to decision making across all aspects of a mining operation or project.
Introducing incites that are sometimes counter intuitive, Gerald Whittle’s engaging and challenging workshop will:
- Introduce you to the Integrated Strategic Planning process
- Provide refreshing insights into how mining companies generate cash, and why they so often fail to do so
- Describe in detail the simultaneous optimisation of the whole value chain: mining, mineral processing, logistics, production and capital
- Explain planning and optimisation with geological uncertainty and volatile metal markets
- Operational and cost modelling techniques for optimisation
- Theory of constraints for mining
- Implementing an effective planning process
- Provide examples of how the process is being used around the world and the results being achieved.
Gerald Whittle – CEO, Whittle Consulting
As the CEO of Whittle Consulting, Gerald has worked in the mining industry for the past 15 years. A recognised thought leader on mining optimisation, Gerald has presented the Money Mining & Sustainability seminar to over 2,500 delegates worldwide. A qualified accountant and an experienced CFO, he has over 30 years in business planning, analysis and change management.
“It is no exaggeration to say that the techniques presented constitute one of the most significant innovations that I have seen in almost 30 years of experience in the mining industry.“
Peter Knights – Professor of Mining, University of Queensland.
“The Whittle course was a real eye opener and essential for any senior execs serious about getting the most out of their assets.“
Robert Smackman – CEO, Crusader Resources.