AXT Laboratory Solutions for Mining
AXT are a leading supplier of analytical instruments and related sample preparation equipment for the mining & minerals industry. They represent numerous internationally renowned brands such as Rigaku & Tescan giving them a portfolio of products that will help to accurately characterise your geological samples.
Their product range includes:
- XRD X-Ray Diffraction – Benchtop & floorstanding for high throughput scenarios
- XRF – X-Ray Fluorescence – Floor standing for high sample volumes and bench top for low sample volumes and as a back-up for larger systems
- Handheld XRF – Field portable instruments for real-time evaluation of geological samples
- MicroXRF - Elemental analysis at the micro level and mapping
- Handheld LIBS (Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy) – Also field portable for onsite analysis, but also extending beyond the limits of XRF
- Automated Mineralogy – The TIMA-XSEM-based system for automated characterisation of mineral samples
- Laboratory pulverisers – To make fine-grained, representative samples that are indicative of the source material
- Sample presses and fusion machines – to prepare samples for analysis techniques such as XRF
- Radiation detectors
AXT has scalable solutions to suit your specific requirements. Their staff will work with you to tailor systems to suit your particular applications based on desired outcomes, throughput and budget.
AUTOMATED MINERALOGY INCUBATOR
AXT have established the Automated Mineralogy Incubator or AMI (www.automatedmineralogy.com.au) which provides a low cost, low risk path to adopting the technology into your production environment. The technology allows you to optimise your process by accurately monitoring inputs and outputs at various stages of your workflow and to make adjustment to these such that they are working as efficiently as possible, resulting in higher recovery rates and minimised running costs.
The technology is applicable to areas such as:
- Process metallurgy plants
- Mineral processing plants
The AMI gives you access to the TESCAN TIMA-X, next generation automated mineralogy solution. With the 100 sample autoloader, it is the most advanced system of its type in the region. Via the AMI you have access to the instrumentation and the expertise so that you can fully understand and evaluate the technology and prove that the concept for you application.
SERVICE & TRAINING
AXT also offer instrument servicing and applications training.